PRIMEX's work in the health sector started in the early 1990s with the preparation of ADB's first health project in the Philippines, the Integrated Community Health Services Project (ICHSP), followed closely by the design of the Women's Health and Safe Motherhood Project, also in the Philippines. Since then, PRIMEX has implemented numerous assignments in the health sector in the Philippines and overseas, and has fielded various types of health experts in fact-finding and review missions in the Philippines and abroad.
All told, PRIMEX has carried out 42 health sector assignments in Bangladesh, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, and Uzbekistan. These projects focused on the prevention and control of communicable diseases (particularly dengue, avian influenza, HIV/AIDS, and SARS), maternal and child health, health sector reform, and capacity development and training, among others.
PRIMEX has undertaken a range of assignments – from project preparation to project completion review. In the last five years, PRIMEX led or participated in the design of a TVET project in China, two secondary education projects in Viet Nam, and an upper secondary education project in Cambodia.
PRIMEX is currently implementing the Second Lower Secondary Education for the Most Disadvantaged Areas Project (LSEMDAP2) in Viet Nam, and was involved in the implementation of the JobStart program to promote youth employability in the Philippines from January 2014-November 2015. PRIMEX has also prepared project completion reports on several education projects in the Maldives and Viet Nam.
Areas of Expertise
- Communicable disease control (Avian influenza, dengue, HIV/AIDS, SARS, TB)
- Health education, licensing, and regulation
- Health facility development, design, and construction supervision
- Health insurance and financing
- Health sector reform
- Health systems
- Maternal, neonatal, and child health (MNCH)
- Reproductive health
- Curriculum development
- Education facilities development
- Ethnic minority education development
- Lower and upper secondary education
- Higher Education
- Education materials development
- Teacher training
- Technical and vocational education and training (TVET)
- Vocational guidance and counseling